June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month
Our opportunity to change the way the world sees Alzheimer’s disease.
Everyone with a brain is at risk to develop Alzheimer’s, a fatal disease that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed. Worldwide, 47 million people are living with the disease, and without a change, that number will grow to 76 million by 2030.
Despite these facts, the fight to end Alzheimer’s does not receive the support it deserves. We must move forward to break stereotypes, provide families with needed resources, and advance critical research.
Take the Purple Pledge today and commit to raising awareness in June. This simple action means that you’ll do one of the following:
- Wear purple throughout the month — and especially on June 21, The Longest Day®.
- Share the pledge with family and friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Turn your Facebook profile purple.
- Learn the facts about Alzheimer’s and ways to keep your brain healthy.
- Together, we can turn the world purple — take the pledge now!